What is Aarogya Setu app?
One of the effective weapons, Aarogya Setu app is developed by the NIC – National Informatics Centre. They are an important part of the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MEITY), Government of India (GOI).
Aarogya Setu app is a bluetooth-based COVID-19 tracker launched by the Government of India. The aim of the Aarogya Setu app is to collect the health data of Indians. Department of Health is actively reaching out to, creating awareness and informing the users of the app about the benefits pertaining to the containment of Coronavirus / COVID-19.
How to use Aarogya Setu app?
- The first step is to download the Aarogya Setu app from Google Play Store(for Android users) or App Store (for iOS users).
- Second step – Choose the language as per your convenience.
- Third step – Turn on Bluetooth and Location from settings of your phone.
- Fourth Step – Choose location sharing to “Always” from your phone’s settings.
- Click on the ‘I Agree’ button.
- Provide your mobile number &enter the OTP
- Now you can access the app. Take self-assessment tests, read the guidelines, determine the risk factor and more.
How Aarogya Setu app works
Aarogya Setu works with the help ofdata collection, data analytics, machine learning and artificial intelligence.
- Individual user’shealth data iscollected.
- Data is filtered based on the self-assessment test.
- Analyze data with pre-filled filters or formulas.
- Provide individual results.
- Provide them with a result of their risk.
- Analyze data and provide information about the nearby risks or people who are coronaviruspositive or suspected positive.
- It will also show risk or alert the user if they are near to or werearound any suspected people.
- It required users to always turn on Bluetooth and location sharing.
Why the app is required to Collect data from Individuals
People can’t be expected to remember every small detail of their day to day activities, like where they have been and how many people,they have met in the last 14 to 21 days. Instead of relying on human memory, contact-tracing apps make it possible for everyoneto know immediately if they have come in contact with a COVID-19 positive patient.
Once someone tests positive, she or he enters that information on the app. The app gives alerts to all those users who have possibly come in contactwith or have beenwithin 6 feet of the infected person, because the Aarogya Setu app has already tracked theiractivities.
We can’t collect data of this magnitude manually. It would be much harder to deploy resources if the government had to rely on tracking people by tracing their phones to the cell towers. Though theoretically possible, there would be no time to do so during an emergency situation.
That’s where the app comes in, asking for data about a person’s health. The government can then make filters like focusing on the data of those above 60 years old and those who are at a higher risk of coming down with the virus.
Benefits of using Aarogya Setu app
Aarogya Setu app is available on both the platforms- Android Play Store and iOS. The app is available in 11 languages – Hindi, English, Telugu, Kannada, Tamil, Malayalam, Punjabi, Gujarati, Bengali, Oriya, and Marathi. The app is expected to be available in more regional Indian languages soon. The major benefits of using this application are:
- This app works on Bluetooth technology, and tries to collect data to provide risk factor for each user based on their GPS location.
- The risk factor is also based on the data available for that location.
- It keeps the app user informed whether he/she havebeen within 6 feet of a positive Coronavirus / COVID-19 case.
- The Aarogya Setu app recommends many measures to the app user such as the self-assessment test, social distancing, and the do’s and don’ts amid COVID-19.
- An e-pass facilitating travel from one place to another.
- In case, a user is at high risk, the app will recommend him/her to go for a coronavirus test at the nearest testing center and call the toll-free number 1075 immediately.
- The app is also equipped with an Artificial intelligence chatbot that answers all the questions on coronavirus disease
- The app users can also find the helpline numbers for each state in India.
We got to know that the Aarogya Setu app can really become an effective bridge to connect health data from each individual. It collates all the data into a databasewhich is then analyzed with the help of Big Data and Data Analytics. The data is fed to Machine Learning models to communicate the risk associated with each data point, which in this case are the users using the app.
Boston Institute of Analytics has professionals with specialized grip in Predictive Analytics, Data Science, Machine Learning, and Artificial Intelligence. BIA offers the best Data Science courses in Mumbai, India. Boston Institute of Analytics is led by global field experts with a distinct expertise. BIA is a well-known institute that provides the best Machine Learning courses in Mumbai, India. If you are someone who wants to learn Data Science, Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning,be sure to visit their website to learn more and enquire about the courses.
Stay connected with us for latest updates!
- The impact of COVID-19 on the life of people who make the latest styled clothes - August 17, 2020
- Are Data Science, Data Analytics, Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning running the engine of the Aarogya Setu app? - April 28, 2020
- Table Reservation Venture, EazyDiner raises $5.9 million in Series B funding round - April 24, 2020